After you’ve chosen your hologram image and the type of overlaminate ribbon material, the next step is to define the necessary security level of your custom hologram.
There are four levels of hologram security to consider.
Level 1 Hologram Security
Level 1 security is useful when the secured document will be viewed by the public.
- Hologram features are visible and discernible to the average person who has no training or instruction
- Images, lines, or text are immediately obvious to the viewer
- Supports OVERT security features
Level 2 Hologram Security
Level 2 security is warranted when the secured document is subject to inspection.
- Hologram includes features that are not immediately discernible to the average person
- Elements are only discernible when an examiner utilizes an additional tool and possesses some level of training
- The tools used to expose the feature include simple items such as:
- Magnifying glass
- Laser pen
- Supports OVERT – COVERT security features
Level 3 Hologram Security
Level 3 security is warranted when the secured document is subject to forensic examination.
- Hologram includes features that are visible or discernible only with complex laboratory equipment
- Persons investigating level 3 features require more extensive training
- Supports OVERT – COVERT – FORENSIC security features
Level 4 Hologram Security
Level 4 security is warranted when the risk of counterfeiting is extreme.
- Hologram includes features that are technically unique and often have only one source of production
- These sources produce a variety of unique optical technologies that do not rely solely on the holographic process
- Supports OVERT – COVERT – FORENSIC – UNIQUE security features
Custom Holograms for ID Security Series
- Add Custom ID Card Security with Hologram Ribbons & Overlays
- Custom Holograms for ID Security – Choosing the Right Ribbon Material
- Custom Holograms for ID Security – Choosing the Proper Security Level
- Custom Holograms for ID Security – Choosing the Required Security Features
- How to Order Custom Holograms for Enhanced ID Card Security
If you need more information on – or desire assistance with – creating custom hologram security for your organization’s ID cards and badges, contact one of our ID Experts at 877-868-0012 or email@example.com. We’ll make it easy for you!
ID Card Group offers a price match guarantee, provides free shipping on orders over $100, and accepts purchase orders.
Source: Evolis Card Printer Custom Hologram Guide, August 2012