Adhesive PVC ID cards feature a peel-off backing that reveals an adhesive so the card can be applied to other materials, including proximity cards, making adhesive cards a perfect choice for a variety of single-sided identification applications.
Available as brand name and generic card stock, adhesive PVC cards come in two sizes:
- CR80 – Standard credit card size that will lay on top of your card
- CR79 – Slightly smaller than a credit card, the CR79 Adhesive card is commonly applied to clamshell proximity cards as it fits perfectly within its borders
How Adhesive PVC Cards Can Save You Money
However, due to their specialized smaller size, CR79 cards do not work in every ID card printer. Be sure to check your printer compatibility for CR79 cards. If you don’t have a compatible printer, we recommend using a CR80 Adhesive Card.
NOTE: Most card printer manufacturers recommend using mylar backed cards over paper backed cards for best results. Most adhesive PVC cards we carry offer a choice of paper back or mylar back at purchase.
CR 80 or CR 79 – Which Size is Right for My Prox Card Needs?
The CR80 Adhesive is same size as a standard credit card. CR 80 is the most commonly sized card and can fit in most ID card printers. While a CR80 adhesive overlay can fit onto your standard clamshell proximity card, the CR80 Adhesive card will lay on top of, not within, the proximity card’s borders.
The CR79 Adhesive PVC ID card is slightly smaller than a credit card (and the credit card-sized CR80 PVC card), and is a common choice for clamshell proximity cards as it fits perfectly within its borders.
When deciding if a CR79 Adhesive card is right for your operation, make sure your printer’s specifications support the CR79 PCV card size and handle cards that are 16 mil to 30 mil in thickness to accommodate the adhesive paper backings. If your printer does not meet these specifications, you should consider the slightly larger CR80 adhesive PVC card to better suit your needs.
Shop Adhesive PVC Cards
CR 80 Adhesive Cards:
- Generic White CR80 Adhesive
- Magicard M3610-054 – Adhesive Back
- Datacard 597640-001 – Adhesive Back
- Zebra 104523-010 – Adhesive Back
CR 79 Adhesive Cards:
More Helpful Resources on Plastic PVC Cards
- How Do I Get the Best Print Quality from My Card Stock?
- Color PVC Cards or Blank White Plastic Cards – Why Generic Stock Provides High Quality at Lower Cost
- Video: How to Keep PVC Cards from Jamming in Your ID Card Printer
- Ordering Custom PVC Cards – Frequently Asked Questions
ID Card Group offers a price match guarantee, provides free shipping on orders over $100, and accepts purchase orders.