Retransfer printers print onto a flexible, transparent film that is thermally bonded to the card – offering a high level of fraud protection.
The retransfer printing process produces higher image quality and allows true edge-to-edge printing, even on uneven surfaces such as smart cards. It also eliminates the white border left by even the best dye sublimation printers.
Benefits of Retransfer Printing
- Higher image quality and print resolution
- The ability to print on uneven card surfaces such as smart cards
- True edge-to-edge printing (via over-the-edge printing). Traditional card printers must leave a white border because printing out to the edge would damage the printhead.
- The ability to print on non-PVC cards. Dye sublimation requires a porous surface available only through PVC cards.
- More durable and abrasion-resistant cards
- Fraud protection, since the film is inherently tamper-evident
How Retransfer Printing Technology Works[youtube:0JPftWAN_pc]
Retransfer technology works by printing the card in two phases:
- The card design is printed by dye sublimation on a transparent film
- The printed film is then fused to the card using a thermal bonding process for flawless results and high level tamper resistance.
As illustrated in the above video and diagram to the right, the built-in flattener applies pressure on the card, which ensures a perfectly flat surface.
Re-Transfer Printers at ID Card Group
Choose from the top retransfer printers in the industry:
- Zebra ZXP Series 8 Retransfer Card Printer
- Zebra ZXP Series 8 Retransfer Card Printer – with Laminator
- Magicard Prima 4 Retransfer Printer – with Laminator
- Magicard Prima 4 Duo – Double-Sided Retransfer
- IDP WISE CXD80 Printer – Single or Dual-Side
- Fargo HDP5000 – Retransfer Printer
- Fargo HDP5000 – Double-Sided Retransfer
- Evolis Avansia Retransfer Printer – Double Sided
- Datacard SR200 – Single-Sided Retransfer Printer
- Datacard SR300 – Double-Sided Retransfer Printer
ID Card Group offers a price match guarantee, provides free shipping on orders over $100, and accepts purchase orders.