Card printing volume is one of the top three considerations when shopping for an ID card and badge printer. We recommend you consider how many average cards you expect to print in each session and during any given year.
Medium batch, or mid-range, printers are ideal for organizations printing 1,000 to 5,000 cards per year. The table below compares our preferred medium batch card printer choices, looking at:
- Printing capability
- Encoding options
- Feeder capacity and features
For more detailed technical comparisons, check out the full PDF comparison chart: Compare ID Card Printers – Medium Batch Printing (Compare ID Card Printers-Medium Batch Printing.pdf (74.81 kb)
More Helpful How-to Resources
For more help choosing an ID card printer, check out our How-to Series:
- Choosing an ID Card Printer – Introduction
- Choosing an ID Card Printer – Top 3 Factors At a Glance
- Choosing an ID Card Printer – Part 1: Card Printing Volume
- Choosing an ID Card Printer – Part 2: Desired Card Appearance
- Choosing an ID Card Printer – Part 3: Security Options
We can also walk you through other technical issues our customers face, including warranty terms, connectivity, operating system compatibility, print speed and reliability.
ID Card Group offers a price match guarantee, provides free shipping on orders over $100, and accepts purchase orders.
Source: Evolis Card Printers comparison data, May 11, 2012.