Retransfer printers combine unparalleled print speeds with photo-quality images.
Unlike traditional dye sublimation card printers, which use a printhead that prints through a ribbon directly onto the card, retransfer printers print onto a flexible, transparent film that is then thermally bonded to the card.
The process produces higher image quality and allows true edge-to-edge printing, even on uneven surfaces such as smart cards. It also eliminates the white border left by even the best dye sublimation printers.
Benefits of retransfer printing include:
- Higher image quality and print resolution
- The ability to print on uneven card surfaces such as smart cards
- True edge-to-edge printing (via over-the-edge printing). Traditional card printers must leave a white border because printing out to the edge would damage the printhead.
- The ability to print on non-PVC cards. Dye sublimation requires a porous surface available only through PVC cards.
- More durable and abrasion-resistant cards
- Fraud protection, since the film is inherently tamper-evident
Re-Transfer Printers at ID Card Group
- Zebra ZXP Series 8 Retransfer Card Printer
- Zebra ZXP Series 8 Retransfer Card Printer – with Laminator
- Magicard Prima 4 Retransfer Printer – with Laminator
- Magicard Prima 4 Duo – Double-Sided Retransfer
- IDP WISE CXD80 Printer – Single or Dual-Side
- Fargo HDP5000 – Retransfer Printer
- Fargo HDP5000 – Double-Sided Retransfer
- Evolis Avansia Retransfer Printer – Double Sided
- Datacard SR200 – Single-Sided Retransfer Printer
- Datacard SR300 – Double-Sided Retransfer Printer
ID Card Group offers a price match guarantee, provides free shipping on orders over $100, and accepts purchase orders.