To maintain consistent print quality, clean your Fargo DTC 1250e every 1,000 cards.
Steps to Cleaning a Fargo DTC1250e Printer
- Open the printer door and remove the printer ribbon. Close the door.
- Remove the cards from the input hopper. Close the door.
- Open your Fargo 86177 printer cleaning kit and use the adhesive back cards to clean the printer. Clean the printer after every 1,000 cards to maintain consistent print quality.
- Remove the adhesive backing from both sides of the card. Note: If your printer uses a magnetic encoder, make sure you leave the small liner strip along the top.
- Power the printer on. Once powered up, insert the cleaning card into the single feed slot until the card stops.
- From your computer, click the Start menu and select Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the DTC 1250e card printer icon and click Printing Preferences on the pop-up menu.
- In the Card tab, click the Toolbox button.
- Select the Clean Printer tab and click the Clean button.
- This procedure will clean the printer and the card print rollers inside the printer. When the adhesive cleaning card ejects, this cleaning step is complete.
- Next clean the print head by removing the cleaning swab from its packaging.
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord.
- Open the printer ribbon cartridge door and swab the cleaning tip back and forth across the top of the print head. Allow it to dry.
- When dry, load your ribbon and cards back into the printer. You are ready to print.
Shop Fargo DTC 1250e Card Printer, Ribbons & Supplies – at Best Prices
- Fargo DTC1250e single-sided printer
- Fargo DTC1250e dual-sided printer
- Fargo DTC1250e color & monochrome printer ribbons
- Fargo DTC1250e printer cleaning kit
- Fargo DTC1250e nylon printer cover
The ID Card Group Advantage
As an authorized Fargo printer dealer and service provider, IDCardGroup.com has years of experience working with customers who use Fargo printers, cleaning supplies, and kits. Not only do we have a deep technical knowledge of Fargo card printers, but we also maintain the best prices guaranteed! We carry the full line of Fargo products, including card printers, color ribbons and monochrome ribbons – and can help you choose the best Fargo printer for you.
For more information on the new Fargo DTC1250e printer – or for help choosing the right printer or printer ribbon for your ID program’s needs – contact an ID expert at 877-868-0012 or email@example.com. We’ll make it easy for you!
ID Card Group offers a price match guarantee, provides free shipping on orders over $100, and accepts purchase orders.