Why choose the DTC1000 card printer by Fargo/HID? Many reasons, actually.
A Standout in its Class
The DTC1000 printer is an excellent choice for smaller organizations with simpler badge printing needs. A couple things set the DTC1000 apart from other manufacturers’ entry level offerings:
- Dual-sided print option – For a low volume unit, this really stands out. The others in this class offer single sided only.
- Built in Swift ID design software – While not a full blown software solution, Swift ID will help you design professional-looking IDs right in your Web browser. It handles basic needs for ID cards, badges, loyalty or membership cards, or student IDs just fine.
One thing I really do love about this printer – and this generation of Fargo direct-to-card (DTC) printers in general – is the way the printhead is designed.
You’ll have to try really hard to get to that printhead to do any damage. It is almost impossible for an end user to get near it without some real malicious drive and determination. And that, my friends, is a good thing.
Replacing a damaged printhead is difficult and costly to say the least. Why other manufacturers haven’t taken this page out of the Fargo play book is beyond me.
Simple Ribbon Loading
The overall ease of use continues with the DTC1000 ribbon cartridge. It may be a little bulky, but it’s simple to use. It only goes in one way.
And, if you’re resourceful like me, you can use the old cartridges to build a fortress for your office rubber band wars. That’s called recycling.
Capable of Printing on CR 79 & CR80 Card Stock
Printing on adhesive stock allows you to reuse expensive proximity (Prox) cards by overlaying the adhesive peel-and-stick card over an existing Prox card. A great cost-saving feature.
OS Options include Windows, Mac & Linux
Another reason I love the DTC1000 is its wide array of OS options – Windows, Macintosh, and even Linux.
I don’t personally run Linux here in the office so I can’t vouch for how it plays, but if you do, let’s talk! I’d love to hear your feedback.
The important nugget here is that if you run Linux and need ID issuance – the Fargo DTC1000 has got you covered.
Overall – A Great Choice for Smaller Offices
All in all, this machine has some great advantages – enough to earn a place in your small office or work environment.
Watch a DTC1000 Video Overview[youtube:YXiJtihEJvU]
Quick Fargo DTC 10000 Card Printer Specs
- DPI: 300
- Print speed:
- Full color – 24 secs
- Full color/black back – 31 secs
- Full color/front and back – 50 secs
- Monochrome – 7 secs
- Card thickness: 9mil – 40 mil (Do not attempt to print full color on less than 20mil stock)
- Card hoppers: 100 in / 30 out (Sigh – this discrepancy is always a point of contention for me …)
- YMCKO 250
- YMCKOK 200
- Monochrome 1000
- Warranty: 2 Years
If you need more information on the DTC1000 printer – or want additional help choosing the best Fargo/HID printer for your organization’s needs – call our ID experts at 877-868-0012 or email@example.com. We’ll make it easy for you!
ID Card Group offers a price match guarantee, provides free shipping on orders over $100, and accepts purchase orders.