Zebra ZXP7 Printer – Single or Double-Sided
ZXP7 Printer – Single or Double-Sided
Part Number#: Z7X-0X0C0000US00
Zebra ZXP Series 7 (ZXP7) card printer offers high volume, photo-quality plastic card printing with optional laminator and will replace the popular Zebra P330i, P430i, P630i, and P640i printers. Zebra ZXP7 is powerful and can handle high-power security, printing and ID database needs. Yet it boasts a low cost-per-card price and is easy to use with color-coded guides, intuitive LCD display, Load-N-Go Ribbon cartridges, and two-year warranty. Its modular design allows for future on-site upgrades. Optional Starter Kit and magnetic encoding are available for Zebra ZXP7.
The fast and reliable Zebra ZXP Series 7 prints photo-like plastic cards and badges. Ideal for high-volume card print applications, Zebra ZXP7 combines the powerful printing capabilities of the popular Zebra p330i and p430i printer models with the laminating capabilities of Zebra p630i and p640I printers.
Zebra ZXP7 printer has an innovative modular design, automatically adjusting to the thickness of each card you print. Even with its high performance print technology, Zebra ZXP7 remains simple to use with easy ribbon loading, handy color-coded guides, and an intuitive LCD control panel. Top reasons to buy a Zebra ZXP7 include
- Fast click-to-drop and batch-print speed coupled with a low maintenance schedule boosts productivity and efficiency
- High image quality produces photo-like color images
- Low cost per card using Zebra high capacity ribbons and wasteless laminate
- Modular design allows easy field upgrades – when you need them, right in your office!
- Reliable and sturdy design that works out of the box in a wide range of environments and applications
- High performance software provide control and flexibility, allowing you to design cards from handy templates and enables remote print monitoring
Design Flexibility – Upgrade your ZXP7 Only When you Need It
The ZXP Series 7 printer offers real flexibility. You can buy options and install them whenever you need them—at your own facility—so you can add to your portfolio of card-printing applications and manage your investment at the same time. The printer can be ordered in our online store with several standard options, including:
- Card Print Capacity – Single or Double-sided Printing
- Lamination Module—Single or Double-sided Card Lamination (can only be ordered on double-sided ZXP7 printers)
- Magnetic Encoding—with or without Magnetic Encoder to produce plastic cards with magnetic stripe swipe data
ID Card Group also offers the ZXP7 with other encoding options and locking mechanisms – See our Specifications to browse all ZXP7 options and contact an ID Expert at 877-868-0012 for more information.
High-Performance Supplies—Lower Cost-per-Card
Zebra supplies make it easier than ever to manage your printer. Recommended for optimal printing quality and proper printer performance, these supplies—including color ribbons, monochrome (single-color)ribbons, laminates, printer cleaning kits and printer upgrades—meet stringent quality standards. ZXP Series 7 printer is designed to work only with Zebra True Colours® ix Series™ ribbons and laminates.
High-capacity ribbons reduce costs by delivering more images per roll and feature an improved formulation for printing high-quality images at higher speeds. Many ribbon types are available in two sizes to meet the needs of every printing task. Zebra True Secure laminates reduce the risk of counterfeiting and extend the life of your high-security cards. The unique laminate design dramatically reduces waste by eliminating the need for carrier material, backings and liners. Specially designed cartridges make laminate replacement simple
Both the ribbons and laminates utilize intelligent media technology, which automatically detects and calibrates the printer.
High Performance Software—For High Performance Hardware
Zebra ZXP Series 7 works with high performance software that allows you to control and monitor your card output. The printer comes standard with Windows Certified printer drivers and the ZXP Toolbox, a separate Windows application that allows easy access to all printer configuration and maintenance functions. Zebra ZXP7 also works with several optional advanced software packages including ZMotif Software Development Kit (SDK) and Zebra Virtual PrintWare for easy application integration and third-party printer management. These software packages allow you to print to one or more networked card printers and remotely monitor printers’ health and status. To increase print capacity and throughput, you can also use the software to pool and manage multiple printers as if they were one printer. Contact an ID Expert at 877-868-0012 for more information about these Zebra ZXP7 software options.
Make it Easy! Order Your Zebra ZXP7 with a Starter Kit
ID Card Group makes it simple for you to start your ID card program. Just order one of our Starter Kits so you can easily begin producing professional-looking ID cards using your Zebra ZXP7 right away. Our Starter Kits include:
No Starter Kit:Zebra ZXP7 Printer Only
Basic Starter Kit: Zebra ZXP7 Printer; 1 single-sided color ribbon (800077-740) OR 1 double-sided color ribbon (800077-748); and 300 PVC Cards (CR8030-WH)
Complete Kit: Zebra ZXP7 Printer; 1 single-sided color ribbon (800077-740) OR 1 double-sided color ribbon (800077-748); 300 PVC Cards (CR8030-WH); 1 Cleaning Kit (105999-701); CardExchange Go Card Design Software; and Webcam
- Z71-000C0000US000 – Single-Sided Zebra ZXP7 with Standard Features
- Z71-0M0C0000US000 – Single-Sided Zebra ZXP7 with Standard Features and Magnetic Encoder
- Z72-000C0000US000 – Double-Sided Zebra ZXP7 with Standard Features
- Z72-0M0C0000US000 – Double-Sided ZXP7 with Standard Features and Magnetic Encoder
- Z73-000C0000US000 – Double-Sided Zebra ZXP7 with Standard Features and Single-Sided Laminator
- Z73-0M0C0000US000 – Double-Sided ZXP7 with Standard Features, Magnetic Encoder and Single-Sided Laminator
- Z74-000C0000US000 – Double-Sided Zebra ZXP7 with Standard Features and Dual-Sided Laminator
- Z74-0M0C0000US000 – Double-Sided ZXP7 with Standard Features, Magnetic Encoder and Dual-Sided Laminator
- Smart Card Encoding Available - Call an ID Expert at 877-868-0012 to configure your smart card options.
Still have questions? Contact an ID Expert at 877-868-0012. We're here to help!
- 300 dpi/11.8 dots per mm print resolution
- USB 2.0 and Ethernet 10/100 connectivity
- Microsoft® Windows-certified drivers
- 200-card capacity feeder (30 mil)
- 15-card reject hopper (30 mil)
- 100-card output hopper (30 mil)
- Single-card feed capability
- ix Series intelligent media technology
- 21-character x 6-line LCD operator display with configurable soft keys
- Kensington® physical lock slot
- Two-year unlimited warranty on printer and printhead
Optional Features - Contact an ID Expert at 877-868-0012
- Extended product warranty programs
- 250-card capacity output hopper (30 mil)
- 802.11b/g wireless connectivity
- AAMVA and ISO HiCo/LoCo magnetic stripe encoder
- Combined MIFARE® ISO 14443 A & B (13.56MHz) contactless and ISO 7816 Contact
- Linear barcode scanner
- Encoder with EMV level 1 certification, and PC/SC compliance
- ISO 7816 Smart Card Contact Station for third-party external contact encoders
- Single- and dual-sided laminator (available with dual-sided printers only)
- FIPS 201 compliant dual-sided laminator
- Lockable enclosures and card feeder cartridge
- UhF Gen 2 rFID encoder
- Zebra Zirtual PrintWare software
- Zmotif SDK software
Printing and laminating specifications
- Color dye sublimation or monochrome thermal-transfer printing
- Single- and dual-sided printing near photographic print quality edge-to-edge printing on standard CR-80 media
- Simultaneous printing, encoding, and laminating capability one-pass single- and dual-sided wasteless lamination
- 1375 cards/hour monochrome single-sided or 555 cards/hour dual-sided printing
- 300 cards/hour full-color YMCKO single-sided printing
- 225 cards/hour full-color YMCKOK dual-sided printing
- 270 cards/hour full-color YMCK single-sided printing with lamination
- 200 cards/hour full-color YMCKK dual-sided printing with lamination
NOTE: Printing throughput (cards per hour) based on batch printing with USB connectivity. Times may vary depending on the computer configuration.
- Card thickness: 10–50 mil (0.25–1.27mm)
- Card thickness for lamination: 30 mil (0.76mm)
- Card size: Cr-80, ISo 7810 format, Type ID-1
- Card material: PvC and composite, abS cards, PeT, PeT-G, PeT-F, PeTix, and Teslin® composite
- Technology cards: contact and contactless smart cards
- Specialty cards: adhesive backed, transparent (Ir-blocked), signature panel, and select key-tag types
NOTE: For optimum print quality and printer performance, use genuine Zebra™ supplies.
- Microsoft Windows-certified printer drivers with ZXP Toolbox utility features: Windows 7, Windows vista®, Windows Server® 2008 (all 32- and 64-bit-compatible), and Windows XP, Server 2003 (both 32-bit-compatible)
- CardStudio card design software version 1.2
- USB 2.0
- USB supports plug-and-play printer identification
- 10/100 Ethernet
- Ethernet is IPv6-ready
- Auto-switching single-phase aC power
- 90v–264v aC and 47–63hz (50–60hz nominal)
- FCC Class a
- Energy Star® qualified printer
- Height: 12"/306 mm
- Width (printer only): 27.5"/699 mm
- Width (printer with laminator): 38"/964 mm
- Depth: 10.9"/277 mm
- Weight (printer only): 26.9 lbs/12.2 kg
- Weight (printer with laminator): 39.5 lbs/17.9 kg
- Operating temperature: 59° F/15° C to 95° F/35° C
- Storage temperature: 23° F/-5° C to 158° F/70° C
- Operating humidity: 20% to 80% inclusive, non-condensing
- Storage humidity: 10% to 90% inclusive, non-condensing media should not be above 140° F/60° C for longer than 200 hours, and above 90% relative humidity at 104° F/40° C for longer than 100 hours
Zebra ZXP7 Starter Kits by IDCardGroup.com
- None (Zebra ZXP7 Printer Only)
- Basic Starter Kit (Zebra ZXP7 Printer, 1 YMCKO full-color ribbon at 250 images (800077-740) or 1 YMCKOK two-sided full-color ribbon at 250 images (800077-740), and 300 PVC Cards CR8030-WH)
- Complete Kit (Zebra ZXP7 printer, 1 YMCKO full-color ribbon at 250 images (800077-740) or 1 YMCKOK two-sided full-color ribbon at 250 images (800077-740), and 300 PVC Cards CR8030-WH, CardExchange Go Software and Web Cam)
Zebra ZXP7 – Well Suited for Large Production Needs
If you are looking to do large production work, the ZXP7 printer’s impressive speed, clarity, and capacity will certainly meet your needs.
Big Printer Yield Big Results – At almost 27 pounds (or nearly 40 pounds when you add the optional lamination module), this printer has a big presence. But if you are looking to do production work, this is certainly the model for you.
High Speed Printing in a Class of its Own - ZXP7 is fast! It will print 300 single-sided, full color cards in an hour. Zebra achieves this impressive speed by having three cards in the print path at any given time, moving cards to the printhead faster than any other printer available. It’s safe to say that Zebra has created a class of its own with this feature.
Impressive Card Print Capacity But Output Falls Short - The ZXP7’s input hopper holds an impressive 200 cards, and its color ribbons have a capacity of 250 prints. But the output hopper only holds 100 cards, which can be frustrating.
Comparable Print Quality - With a 300 dpi print quality, ZXP7 is as good as any other printer in this spectrum - with comparable surface coverage too.
The full ZXP7 review was written by ID Expert, Jeramie Ivie. As ID Card Group’s resident Tech Specialist and Custom Card Print Manager, Jeramie literally prints thousands of cards each month for a wide-variety of customers. He has seen it all and offers a practical view of card printers.
Still looking for the perfect card printer? See all our card printer reviews or contact an ID Expert at 877-868-0012 for more advice. We make it easy!
AlphaCard ID Suite Light v.11
AlphaCard ID Suite Light provides a user-friendly photo ID software solution that is ideally suited to help small organizations create a basic ID card program. AlphaCard ID Suite Light makes it easy to efficiently design and print high-quality ID cards with a wide range of design elements including text, photos, logos and graphics, barcodes, and more.
Retail Price: $175.00
Our Price: $175.00
800086-007 – Holograph Bottom (World Globe Design)
Zebra 800086-007 ZEBRA Holographic Bottom 1.0 mil Overlaminate with “World Globe” Design - 750 Imprints - compatible with Zebra ZXP Series 7 Printers.
Retail Price: $155.00
Suggested Price: $155.00
Our Price: *See Lowest Price in Cart*
Zebra Printer Covers
CARD PRINTER DUST COVER DC-ZE – Waterproof nylon dust cover for your Zebra P120, ZXP3, ZXP7 or ZXP8 card printer keeps your Zebra card printer protected from everyday hazards that can affect performance.
Retail Price: $34.95
Our Price: $32.99
800077-748 - YMCKOK
Zebra 800077-748 - 250 Images - YMCKOK card printer ribbon featuring four color ribbon with protective topcoat overlay and black printing on back - compatible with Zebra ZXP7 printers.
Retail Price: $130.00
Suggested Price: $130.00
Our Price: *See Lowest Price in Cart*
105912-003 - Adhesive Rollers
ZEBRA 105912-003 - Set of 5 Adhesive Cleaning Rollers - for Zebra Card Printers ZXP7, P310F, P310i, P320i, P330m, P330i, P420i, P430i, P520i and P720i.
Retail Price: $32.00
Our Price: $23.00
White CR80 30mil w/Signature
Blank White Signature Cards feature a standard credit card-size in 30 mil thickness. Each card features a 3/8 inch Signature Panel for added security and optional 3-Track high coercivity magnetic stripe for encoding ID data - ideal for high security operations.
Units Per Pack: 100
800086-006 – Holograph Top (World Globe Design)
Zebra 800086-006 ZEBRA Holographic Top 1.0 mil Overlaminate with “World Globe” Design - 750 Imprints - compatible with Zebra ZXP Series 7 Printers.
Retail Price: $155.00
Suggested Price: $155.00
Our Price: *See Lowest Price in Cart*