Fargo HDP5000 Retransfer Printer - Single-Sided
HDP5000 Retransfer Printer - Single-Sided
Part Number#: 89600
The Fargo HDP5000 card printer uses retransfer printing technology - the most advanced card printer technology available - to produce superior print quality, reliability, durability and security for your ID card printing program. The HDP5000 also features a flexible modular design to easily upgrade to dual-sided printing, lamination and smart card encoding.
The Fargo HDP5000 Printer offers Fargo’s High Definition Printing (HDP) technology—delivering the highest image quality—at a price that a broad range of organizations can afford. Backed by a lifetime printhead warranty and a two-year printer warranty, the Fargo HDP5000 offers simple operation with minimal training, easy-loading cartridges for cards, ribbons and overlaminates, and a high reliability and durability that will lower your total cost of ownership.
High Definition Printing™ uses retransfer printer technology and is ideal for printing the most commonly used technology cards, including contact and contactless smart cards, and clamshell proximity cards. It is the most advanced method of card printing available, using dye-sublimation technology to print crisp, 300-dpi images on the underside of HDP® Film developed by Fargo. The HDP5000 Film fuses to the surface of your cards, conforming to ridges and indentations formed by embedded electronics, and provides an extra layer of card durability and security. If a counterfeiter tries to peel the film apart in an attempt to alter the card, the printed image essentially destroys itself. High Definition Printing™ can also print right up to the edge of exposed smart card contacts. Conventional dye-sub printers must leave clear space around contact pads to avoid print head damage.
Colleges, loyalty and membership programs, businesses and corporations, health care facilities and government agencies are all expanding their use of multifunction smart cards. The Fargo HDP5000 single-sided printer is perfect for this type of customization because it offers so many options including upgradable dual-sided printing, single- or dual-sided lamination and card encoding technologies. Its multifaceted encoding options will allow you to produce proximity and smart cards according to your specific needs.
Card production is no longer limited to stand-alone stations. A retail chain, for example, can distribute card issuance over a network to any location. On a corporate campus or university, an array of printer/encoders can be set up in a central location for high-volume production. The Fargo HDP5000 printer is the ideal choice for countless scenarios. Its Ethernet port and internal print server provide the connectivity needed for networked operations.
Fargo 89601: Single-Sided HDP5000 card printer with Magnetic Encoder
Fargo 89620: Single-Sided HDP5000 card printer with Single-Sided Laminator
Fargo 89621: Single-Sided HDP5000 card printer with Single-Sided Laminator and Magnetic Encoder
IDCardGroup.com also carries the Double-Sided Fargo HDP5000 Printer by HID Global. Still searching for the perfect ID printer for your card printing operation? Contact our expert ID sales staff at 877-868-0012.
- Print Method: HDP Dye-Sublimation / Resin Thermal Transfer
- Resolution: 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm)
- Colors: Up to 16.7 million / 256 shades per pixel
- HDP Film Options: Clear (1,500 prints); Standard Holographic (500 prints); Custom Holographic, special order (500 prints)
- Overlaminate Options: Thermal Transfer Overlaminate, .25 mil thick, 500 prints; PolyGuard® Overlaminate, 1.0 mil and .6 mil thick, 250 prints (PolyGuard available in a CR-80 patch size); All overlaminates available in clear, standard holographic design or custom holographic design
- Print Speed:**
- 26 seconds per card / 138 cards per hour (YMC with transfer)*
- 32 seconds per card / 113 cards per hour (YMCK with transfer)*
- 47 seconds per card / 77 cards per hour (YMCKK with transfer)*
- 37 seconds per card / 97 cards per hour (YMCK with transfer and dual-sided, simultaneous lamination)*
- 55 seconds per card / 65 cards per hour (YMCKK with transfer and dual-sided, simultaneous lamination)*
- Accepted Standard Card Sizes: CR-80 (3.370"L x 2.125"W / 85.6mmL x 54mmW)
- Print Area: Over-the-edge on CR-80 cards
- Accepted Card Thickness:
- Print only: .030" (30 mil) to .050" (50 mil) / .762mm to 1.27mm
- Print/Lamination: .030" (30 mil) to .050" (50 mil) / .762mm to 1.27mm
- Accepted Card Types:
- ABS, Laminated PVC, PET, PETG, proximity, smart and mag stripe cards, optical memory cards
- Note: ABS and PVC cards are not recommended for use in the HDP5000 Lamination Module.***
- Input Card Cartridge Capacity: 100 cards (.030" / .762mm)
- Output Hopper Card Capacity: 200 cards (.030" / .762mm)
- Card Cleaning: Replaceable cleaning roller (included with each print ribbon)
- Memory: 16MB RAM
- Display: User-friendly, SmartScreen™ LCD Control Panel
- Software Drivers: Windows® 2000 / XP / Server 2003 / Vista (32 bit); Mac OS X v10.4 / v10.5; and Linux****
- Single Wire USB 2.0 Encoding Options:
- ISO Magnetic Stripe Encoding, dual high- and low-coercivity, Tracks 1, 2 and 3
- Contactless Smart Card Encoder (HID iCLASS and MIFARE)
- Contact Smart Card Encoder reads from and writes to all ISO7816-1/2/3/4 memory and microprocessor smart cards (T=0, T=1) as well as synchronous cards
- Prox Card Reader (HID read-only)
- Interface: USB 2.0 (high speed) and Ethernet with internal print server
- System Requirements: • x86 based PC or compatible, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, or Windows Vista, 500MHz computer with 256MB of RAM or higher, 500MB free hard disk space or higher
- Operating Temperature: 65° to 90° F / 18° to 32° C
- Supply Voltage: 100-240 VAC, 3.3 A
- Humidity: 20 - 80% non-condensing
- HDP5000: 11.50"H x 12.25"W x 9.25"D / 292mmH x 313mmW x 235mmD
- HDP5000 + Dual-Sided Module: 11.50"H x 17.50"W x 9.25"D / 292mmH x 445mmW x 235mmD
- HDP5000 + Single-Sided Lam Module: 12.75"H x 25"W x 9.25"D / 324mmH x 635mmW x 235mmD
- HDP5000 + Dual-Sided Module + Dual-Sided Lam Module: 12.75"H x 30"W x 9.25"D / 324mmH x 762mmW x 235mmD
- Lam Module: 12.75"H x 12.25"W x 9.25"D / 324mmH x 313mmW x 235mmD
- HDP5000: 16 lbs. / 7.3 kg, HDP5000 + Dual-Sided Module: 22 lbs. / 10 kg, HDP5000 + Single-Sided Lam Module: 28 lbs. / 12.7 kg, HDP5000 + Dual-Sided Module + Dual-Sided Lam
- Module: 36 lbs. / 16.4 kg
- Agency Listings:
- Safety: UL 60950, CSA C2.2 No 60950, CB report (EN 60950), and CE mark
- EMC: FCC Part15 Class A, EN 55022: 1998 Class A, CRC c1374, EN 61000-3-2: 2000,EN 61000-3-2: 1995, EN 55024: 1998, CE mark, and CCC mark
- Supply Voltage: 100-240 VAC, 3.8A
- Supply Frequency: 50 Hz / 60 Hz
- Warranty: Printer – Two years including one year of free printer loaner support (U.S. only); optional Extended Warranty Program (U.S. only), Printhead – Lifetime; unlimited pass
- Fargo Secure Materials:
- Fargo Card Printer/Encoders require highly specialized media to function properly. To maximize printedcard quality and durability, printhead life and printer/encoder reliability, use only Fargo Secure Materials.
- Fargo warranties are void, where not prohibited by law, when non-Fargo Secure Materials are used.
- Card Lamination Module – single-sided or dual-sided (simultaneous)
- Magnetic stripe encoding
- 200-card input hopper
- Smart card encoding (contact/contactless)
- Dual-sided printing
- Door and cartridge locks
- Printer cleaning kit
Fargo Printer Covers
CARD PRINTER DUST COVER DC-FA – Waterproof nylon dust cover for your Fargo C50, DTC1000, DTC1250e, DTC4000, DTC4250e, DTC4500 or HDP5000 card printer keeps your Fargo printer by HID protected from everyday hazards that can affect performance.
Retail Price: $34.95
Our Price: $31.45
HDP5000 Hard Printer Case
CARD PRINTER TRANSPORT CASE PTC-FA-5K – Durable and waterproof hard transport case for your Fargo HDP5000 card printer provides the ultimate protection for your Fargo HDP5000 printer by HID during offsite transport and shipping.
Retail Price: $571.00
Our Price: $549.00
82136 - Composite
FARGO 82136 UltraCard Premium Composite PVC Cards, 30 mil, CR-80, 500 count offers the highest durability cards and can withstand card lamination or retransfer card printing. These cards replace Fargo 81763 UltraCard III.
Units Per Pack: 500
Retail Price: $126.50
Our Price: $99.99