Fargo DTC4500e Printer – Single or Dual Sided
DTC4500e Printer – Single or Dual Sided
Part Number#: 55000 / 55100
Fargo DTC4500e by HID is an high-level ID card printer with optional laminator module for organizations that need high-security and high-volume ID cards & badges. Its powerful high-performance design features optional print & technology modules to customize your Fargo DTC4500e as well as a locking hopper for added in-house security. NOTE: Lamination Module can only be ordered with DTC4500e Dual-Sided Printing Option. DTC4500e earned its Energy-Star Rating to help save on costs!
The Fargo DTC4500e printer and encoder is the workhorse of HID Global's Fargo direct-to-card printer line. With its heavy-duty engine and high-performance design, the printer is the number one choice for large corporations and government institutions which need a robust and reliable way to personalize and program technology cards in high volumes for more sophisticated and secure card applications. The Fargo DTC4500e features:
Like all Fargo DTC card printers, the Fargo DTC4500e is built with Genuine HID™ technology and is fully interoperable with HID Global’s ID security products. ID Card Group carries the full line of Fargo by HID DTC printers, ribbons and supplies - including the C50, DTC1250e, DTC4250e & DTC4500e - at the lowest prices guaranteed. All Fargo DTC printers feature:
- Swift ID™ card design application is pre-loaded into every Fargo DTC card printer and easily accessed through your Web Browser.
- One-Pass printing and encoding tasks allow your ID cards to be printed AND encoded in one pass with a single USB or Ethernet connection between the Fargo DTC printer and your computer.
- Intuitive Design including color changing status buttons and easy-load cartridge ribbons require minimal maintenance and training.
- Rewrite card printing technology is included with all Fargo DTC card printers, great for transit card and visitor badges, so your operation can save money on consumables, while reducing waste.
- Energy-Star Rated -- As of May 2011, Fargo DTC4500e became Energy-Star Rated to help save the environment as well as your money!
Most Popular Fargo DTC4500e Printer Configuations:
Fargo 55000: Single-Sided DTC4500e ID printer
Fargo 55010: Single-Sided DTC4500e ID printer with Magnetic Encoder
Fargo 55100: Dual-Sided DTC4500e ID printer
Fargo 55110: Dual-Sided DTC4500e ID printer with Magnetic Encoder
Fargo 55400: Dual-Sided DTC4500e ID printer with Single-Side Laminator
Fargo 55410: Dual-Sided DTC4500e ID printer with Single-Side Laminator and Magnetic Encoder
Fargo 55500: Dual-Sided DTC4500e ID printer with Dual-Side Laminator
Fargo 55510: Dual-Sided DTC4500e ID printer with Dual-Side Laminator and Magnetic Encoder
Still searching for the perfect ID printer for your card printing operation? Contact our ID Experts at 877-868-0012.
Standard items included with the base-model single- or dual-sided Fargo DTC4500e card printers:
- A convenient quick start guide
- Driver installation CD (including Workbench™, FARGO’s software toolkit)
- Power supply and cords (US and EU)
- Warranty registration card
- Multi-color status indicators
- 100 card output hopper
- SmartScreen™ graphical display
- Field upgradeability
- Higher capacity, refillable ribbon cartridges
- Dual input card hopper (200 cards)
- Ethernet and USB connectivity
Field upgradeable to lamination
Optional items for the Fargo DTC4500e ID Printer:
- Encoding Options: 125 kHz (HID Prox) reader; 13.56 MHz (iCLASS, MIFARE, ISO 14443 A/B, ISO 15693) read/write encoder; Contact Smart Card Encoder reads from and writes to all ISO7816 1/2/3/4 memory and microprocessor smart cards (T=0, T=1) as well as synchronous cards; ISO Magnetic Stripe Encoding, dual high- and low-coercivity, Tracks 1, 2 and 3
- Other Options: Single Wire Ethernet and USB 2.0 interface for inline printing and encoding (note: single wire Ethernet encoding is only available for iCLASS® and contact smart card encoding); Dual-Sided Printing Module - Upgradable; Dual-Input Card Hopper (200 cards) - Upgradable; Same-Side Input/ Output Card Hopper - Upgradable; Smart Card Encoding (contact/contactless) - Upgradable; Magnetic Stripe Encoding - Upgradable; Printer Cleaning Kit; Ethernet with Internal Print Server - Upgradable; Lamination Module - can only be ordered with DTC4500 Dual-Sided Printing Option
Specifications for the Fargo DTC4500e printer by HID Global
- Print Method: Dye-Sublimation / Resin Thermal Transfer
- Resolution: 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm) continuous tone
- Colors: Up to 16.7 million / 256 shades per pixel
- Print Speed: 6 seconds per card (K); 8 seconds per card (KO); 16 seconds per card (YMCKO); 24 seconds per card (YMCKOK)
- Accepted Standard Card Sizes: CR-80 (3.375"L x 2.125" W / 85.6mmL x 54mmW); CR-79 Adhesive Back (3.313"L x 2.063"W / 84.1mmL x 52.4mmW)
- Print Area: CR-80 edge-to-edge
- Accepted Card Thickness: .009" - .040" / 9 mil. – 40 mil / 229 mm – 1.016 mm
- Accepted Card Types: PVC or polyester cards with polished PVC finish; monochrome resin required for 100% polyester cards; optical memory cards with PVC finish; rewrite
- Input Hopper Card Capacity: Dual-Input Card Hopper (200 cards)
- Output Hopper Card Capacity: Up to 100 cards
- Reject Hopper Card Capacity: Up to 100 cards – same-side input/output hopper required
- Card Cleaning: Card cleaning roller integrated into ribbon cartridge; cleaning roller is automatically replaced with each ribbon change.
- Memory: 32 MB RAM
- Software Drivers: Windows XP / Vista (32 bit & 64 bit) / Server 2003 & 2008 / Windows 7 & 8 / Linux
- Interface: USB 2.0 and Ethernet with internal print server
- Operating Temperature: 65° to 80° F / 18° to 27° C
- Humidity: 20–80% non-condensing
- Dimensions: Single-Sided Printer: 9.8"H x 18.1"W x 9.2"D / 249mmH x 460mmW x 234mmD; Dual-Sided Printer: 9.8"H x 18.7"W x 9.2"D / 249mmH x 475mmW x 234mmD; Printer + Lam: 18.9?H x 18.7?W x 9.2?D / 480mmH x 475mmW x 234mmD
- Weight: Single-Sided: 9 lbs / 4.1 kg; Dual-Sided: 11 lbs / 5 kg; Printer + Lam: 20 lbs / 9.1 kg
- Agency Listings: Safety: UL 60950-1, CSA C22.2 (60950-1), and CE; EMC: FCC Class A, CRC c1374, CE (EN 55022 Class A, EN 55024), CCC, BSMI, KCC
- Supply Voltage: 100-240 VAC, 3.3 A
- Supply Frequency: 50 Hz / 60 Hz
- Warranty: Printer—Three years
- Software: Swift ID™ Embedded Badging Application, FARGO Workbench Diagnosis Utility
- Display: User friendly, SmartScreen™ graphical display
- Printer Security: Printer access password protected; Kensington lock compatibility
Fargo DTC4500e Printer Review:
Top Choice for Large Corporations & Government Institutions
Looking for high performance, production, and security with a small footprint? Fargo DTC4500e should be on your short list.
Lamination Option Fights Forgery
The 4500e is the only Fargo DTC model that offers a lamination module. Lamination produces tamper-proof, secure cards that resist forgery. With a unique, high speed dual-sided simultaneous lamination module, the DTC4500e saves you valuable print time.
Although the printer is big, it has a fairly small footprint because Fargo placed the optional laminator unit on top - rather than next to the printer. This module can be added now or after initial purchase, which is great for ID programs that don’t know if they necessarily need lamination.
Locking Hoppers, Password Protection & UV Printing Offer Extra Security
The DTC4500e guarantees secure printing with:
• Built-in printer password protection
• Fluorescent ribbons for Ultra-Violet (UV) printing
• Optional locking hoppers to protect blank PVC card stock and printed/encoded cards
High Capacity Hoppers & Ribbons - Good Speeds for its Size
With its high-capacity 200 card dual-input card hopper, the DTC4500e is a printing powerhouse. Due to the lamination feature however, the DTC4500e does not print a full color card in 16 seconds - as do its relatives the DTC4250e and DTC1250e. Laminated cards take longer for the additional overlay run - plus the cards travel a fair distance further with the laminator unit configured on top.
Configurable for Different Card Stocks
While the DTC4500e is configurable for different card stocks, using the laminator unit limits you to a 30 mil card stock. I would highly suggest a composite card stock due to the heat of the laminator. I would also caution against using adhesive cards.
Easy Integration & Field Upgradable WiFi
Built-in Ethernet and USB connections allows for centralized or remote printing. With the WiFi Accessory module – which can be added to your DTC4500e at any time - you can print from anywhere.
Multiple Encoding Options
Fargo DTC 4500e printer offers a long list of encoding options from your standard mag encoding to high security MIFARE.
The full Fargo DTC4500e review was written by ID Expert, Jeramie Ivie. As ID Card Group’s resident Tech Specialist and Custom Card Print Manager, Jeramie literally prints thousands of cards each month for a wide-variety of customers. He has seen it all and offers a practical view of card printers.
86177 – Cleaning Kit
FARGO 86177 Card Printer Cleaning Kit – 2 Printhead Cleaning Pens, 10 Cleaning Cards and 10 Cleaning Pads - for Fargo Card Printers DTC400, C50, DTC1000, DTC1250e, DTC4000 DTC4250e, DTC4500e and DTC4500.
Retail Price: $39.95
Suggested Price: $39.95
Our Price: *Click Here for Our Lowest Price*
Fargo Hard Printer Case
CARD PRINTER TRANSPORT CASE PTC-FA – Durable and waterproof hard transport case for your Fargo C50, DTC1000, DTC1250e, DTC4000 DTC4250e, or DTC4500 card printer provides the ultimate protection for your Fargo DTC printer by HID during offsite transport and shipping.
Retail Price: $575.00
Our Price: $549.00
47729 – WiFi Accessory
Fargo 47729 is a Card Printer WiFi accessory module for Ethernet Enabled Fargo Printers including: Fargo DTC1250e, DTC4250e and DTC4500e.
Retail Price: $299.00
Our Price: $235.00
47709 – ISO Magnetic Stripe Encoder
Fargo 47709 ISO Magnetic Encoder for DTC1000 / DTC1250e / DTC4000 / DTC4250e / DTC4500 / DTC4500e card printers. This Encoder Module can easily be added to your Fargo Card Printer after your initial purchase.
45210 - YMCKOK
FARGO 45210 - 500 Images - six-panel Fargo printer ribbon cartridge for dual-sided full color card printing with clear protective overlay on front and black on back - compatible with Fargo DTC4500 and DTC4500e printers.
Retail Price: $250.00
Our Price: *Click Here for Our Lowest Price*
82604 - 1.0 mil Orbit Holograph Overlay
Fargo 82604 1.0 Mil High Secure Orbit Holo PolyGuard Overlaminate - 250 Universal Orientation Imprints - compatible with Fargo printer DTC4500, DTC4500e and HDP5000.
Retail Price: $136.50
Suggested Price: $136.50
Our Price: *Click Here for Our Lowest Price*
White CR80 30mil Composite
Blank White Composite Cards feature a standard credit card-size in 30 mil thickness and are made from sturdy composite materals to easily withstand the high temperatures used by laminating machines and retransfer printers while other cards wilt.
Units Per Pack: 100