26. September 2016 08:01
The Fargo DTC4500e printer and encoder is the workhorse of HID Global's Fargo direct-to-card printer line. With its heavy-duty engine and high-performance design, the printer is the number one choice for large corporations and government institutions needing a robust and reliable way to personalize and program technology cards in high volumes.
Watch this short video to learn how to properly load a ribbon and cards in your Fargo DTC 4500e.
Steps to Loading Ribbon in the DTC 4500e Printer
- Remove the new ribbon cartridge from its sleeve. Set the adhesive cleaning roller aside for now.
- Open the ribbon area lid.
- Remove the old ribbon cartridge (if present).
- Insert the new ribbon cartridge in the printer. Make sure to match the printer and ribbon's corresponding color tabs (marked as 2 and 3).
- Insert the adhesive cleaning roller and peel the protective strip from the roller.
- Close the ribbon area panel.
Steps to Loading Cards in the DTC 4500e Printer
- Open the input card hopper.
- Remove the protective packaging from your cards.
Note: Wearing gloves will help to keep the surface of your cards clean - ensuring the best print quality. If you dont have gloves, do your best not to touch the surface of your card stock with your bare hands. The oils on your hands, once transferred to the card surface, will inhibit the printer ink from sticking to the card. It is okay to handle the edges of the cards, but if you do need to touch the surface be sure to wear rubber gloves.
- Carefully insert the new cards in the printer. Most cards come from the factory with static cling, which can cause jamming. To prevent card jamming, simply fan out your cards before you load them.
- Close the hopper door.
- You are ready to print.
See More How-to Card Videos
Shop Fargo DTC 4500e Card Printer, Ribbons & Supplies - at Best Prices
The ID Card Group Advantage
As an authorized Fargo/HID printer dealer and service provider, IDCardGroup.com has years of experience working with customers who use Fargo/HID printers, cleaning supplies, and kits. Not only do we have a deep technical knowledge of Fargo/HID card printers, but we also maintain the best prices guaranteed! We carry the full line of Fargo/HID products, including card printers, color ribbons and monochrome ribbons - and can help you choose the best Fargo printer for you.
For more information on the Fargo 4500e printer - or for help choosing the right printer or printer ribbon for your ID program's needs - contact an ID expert at 877-868-0012 or email@example.com. We'll make it easy for you!
ID Card Group offers a price match guarantee, provides free shipping on orders over $100, and accepts purchase orders.