HC100 Thermal Wristband Printer
HC100 Thermal Wristband Printer
Part Number#: HC100-3001-1XXX
Zebra HC100 Wristband Printer makes wristband printing easier and more affordable than laser printers. Just pop a Zebra ZBand wristband cartridge (sold separately) into your Zebra HC100 – it includes both ink and wristbands – to print individual ID wristbands for all kinds of uses including patient and event monitoring. HC100 features 300 dpi single-color printing of text, images and barcodes, as well as USB (Standard), Ethernet or Wireless connectivity to fit easily into your existing office systems.
Zebra HC100 is a dedicated wristband printer unlike anything else on the market. This all-in-one solution combines the reliable HC100 direct thermal wristband printer with easy-to-load cartridges containing Zebra’s durable Z-Band wristbands.
The HC100 wristband printer was developed specifically to make wristband printing easier to do in-house. Just pop a Zebra Z-Band cartridge into the printer—and print individual wristbands. The Zebra HC100 allows you to print ID information and all industry standard one- and two-dimensional barcode symbologies directly onto Zebra's Z-Band direct thermal wristbands. The HC-100 can also print text and images, including logos.
Each cartridge contains wristbands and single-color ink. Zebra has manufactured a number of wristband styles that can be used for a wide array of applications including:
- Patient registration and identification at hospitals, medical facilities and outpatient clinics
- Guest registration, identification and hands-free ticketing at hospitality venues and attractions
- Point of sales processing at events, amusements parks, sporting event and zoos
The wristband cartridges are available in a wide variety of wristband sizes and colors and feature a waterproof adhesive, making the HC100 an ideal solution for any venue. Best of all, Zebra HC100 is much easier to use than laser printers to create wristbands. The easy-to-load wristband cartridges require minimal user action because the printer detects the wristband type and size and automatically calibrates the settings for optimal print quality and reduced waste. There is minimal training required—loading or switching the cartridge is a quick and simple task. With fast print speeds, visitors and patients can be processed quickly. And print-on-demand barcoded ID wristbands reduce fraud.
Finally, the HC100 is hardy and offers flexible connectivity options—including standard USB as well as optional Ethernet or 802.11b/g wireless LAN capability. Its small footprint allows the HC100 printer to fit seamlessly into your workspace.
Zebra HC100 comes standard with a demo version of ZebraDesigner which allows you to print a barcode and number only on a wristband. Zebra offers a more advanced bar code software called ZebraDesigner Pro which allows you to design more complex bar codes and work with fixed or variable ID data, including customer names. It features database connectivity, RFID capabilities and printer configuration and diagnostic tools.
Available Zebra HC100 Confirgurations:
HC100-3001-1000: Standard USB
HC100-3001-1100: Ethernet Connectivity
HC100-3001-1200: WiFi Connectivity
Need help choosing the right wristbands for your Zebra HC 100? Contact an ID Expert at 877-868-0012?
Zebra HC100 Specifications:
- Quick & easy wristband cartridge loading
- Automatic print speed setting—up to
- 4 ips depending on installed cartridge
- Direct thermal printing of barcodes, text and graphics
- Dual-wall frame, impact-resistant plastic
- ZPL or ZPL II programming language
- 32 bit RISC processor
- 8 MB (2 MB user-available) Flash memory (standard)
- 16 MB (4 MB user-available) SDRAM memory (standard)
- Element Energy Equalizer™ (E3™) for superior print quality
- Dual communications interface: serial and USB odometer for print-length tracking
- Illuminated media low/media out indicator
- Tool-less printhead and platen replacement
- Unicode™-compliant for multi-language printing
- Instant media calibration—no wasted media
- 16 resident expandable bitmap fonts; one resident scalable font
- Head-up sensor
- Standard tear-off mode feature
- XML-enabled printing—allows XML communications from information systems
- ENERgY STAR qualified
- Maximum print length: 22"/558 mm
- Minimum print length: 3"/76 mm
- Print widths: 0.75"/19.05 mm, 1"/25.4 mm, 1.1875"/30.16 mm
- Resolution: 300 dpi/12 dots per mm
- Maximum print speed: 2"/51 mm per second (Healthcare)
- 4"/102 mm per second (Z-Band Fun & Z-Band Splash)
- Zebra offers a comprehensive range of wristband solutions for healthcare and hospitality industries.
- Healthcare wristbands: Adhesive or clip closure; Adult, child and infant sizes.
- Hospitality wristbands: One-day and multi-day wristband options; Seven bright colors; Designed for amusement parks, water parks, carnivals, zoos, sporting events and resorts.
Need help finding the right HC100 wristband? Contact an ID Expert at 877-868-0012.
- Operating temperature: 40° F/4.4° C to 104° F/40° C
- Storage temperature: -40° F/-40° C to 140° F/60° C
- Operating humidity: 20%-85% non-condensing R.H.
- Storage humidity: 5%-85% non-condensing R.H.
Wristband cartridge environmental specifications
- Service temperature: -40° F/-40° C to 140° F/60° C
- Storage temperature: 32° F/0° C to 70°F/21° C at 35% to 50% non-condensing R.H.
- Universal power supply (PFC-compliant)
- 100–240VAC, 50–60Hz
- Emissions: FCC Part 15, Subpart B, VCCI, C-Tick
- Emissions and Susceptibility: (CE): EN 55022
- Class B and EN 55024
- Safety: CB Scheme IEC 60950-1:2001, TÜV, NRTL
- Power supply: IEC 60601-1:1995
- Width: 5"/127 mm
- Height**: 7"/178 mm
- Depth: 9.5"/242 mm
- Weight: 3.1 lbs/1.4 kg**
- Requires 6"/153 mm clearance above printer to load cartridge
- Healthcare wipeable plastic is designed to withstand a variety of disinfectants, chemicals and cleaning solutions.
Options and accessories
- ZebraNet® 10/100 Print Server (internal)—factory-installed only, offered in combination with serial/USB interface
- ZebraNet® b/g Print Server (internal)—factory-installed only, offered in combination with serial/USB interface
- Font packs—Asian and other international font kit
- Factory-installed 64 MB (58 MB user-available)
- Flash memory option
- ZBI 2.0™—Factory- or field-installed, this powerful programming language lets printers run standalone applications, connect to peripherals, and much more
Need more information on these HC100 options? Contact an ID Expert at 877-868-0012.
- Fonts and character sets
- Character fonts: Standard bitmapped Zebra fonts: A, B, C, D, E (oCR-B), F, g, H (oCR-A), gS, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V & Ø Smooth font (Cg Triumvirate™ Bold Condensed)
- Supports user-defined fonts and graphics—including custom logos
- Bitmap fonts are expandable up to 10 times, height- and width-independent. Fonts E and H (oCR-B and o
CR-A), however, are not considered in spec when expanded
- Smooth-scalable font Ø (Cg Triumvirate Bold Condensed) is expandable dot-by-dot, height- and width-independent, while maintaining edges to a max. 1500 x 1500 dots
- Linear barcodes: Codabar, Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, EAN-8, EAN-13, EAN-14, g S1 DataBar™ (formerly RSS), Industrial 2-of-5, Interleaved 2-of-5, Logmars, MSI, Plessey, Postnet, Standard 2-of-5, UPC-A, UPC-E, UPC-A and UPC-E with EAN 2 or 5 digit extensions
- Two-dimensional: Aztec Code, Codablock, Code 49, Data Matrix, MaxiCode, MicroPDF417, PDF417, QR Code ZebraLink™ solutions
- ZebraDesigner (demo)
- ZebraNet Utilities v7.0 (standard)
- ZebraDesigner Driver
- Zebra Universal Driver
- ZebraDesigner™ Pro (option)
- USB (standard)
- ZebraNet® 10/100 Print Server (internal)
- ZebraNet b/g Print Server (internal)
ZPL II—Universal language for Zebra printers. Simplifies wristband and label formatting and enables format compatibility with existing systems that run Zebra printers.
Z-Band Comfort Wristbands
Zebra Z-Band Comfort Thermal Wristbands are lightweight soft, flexible wristbands with a permanent acrylic adhesive paper tab for securing them on a wrist. These innovative wristbands come in a compact cartridge that pops easily in the Zebra HC-100 wristband printer. Each cartridge includes 300 Z-Band Comfort wristbands and single-color ink to print ID data directly onto the Z-Band. Multiple colors are available. Lightweight comfort design remains scannable for up to 7 days.
Retail Price: $70.00
Our Price: $66.99
Z-Band Fun Wristbands
Zebra Z-Band Fun Thermal Wristbands are one-day use wristbands with an adhesive tab for securing them on a wrist. These innovative wristbands come in a compact cartridge that pops easily in the Zebra HC-100 wristband printer. Each cartridge includes 350 Z-Band Fun wristbands and single-color ink to print ID data directly onto the Z-Band. Multiple colors are available. Great for single-day use at amusement parks, carnivals, sporting events and concerts.
Retail Price: $40.00
Our Price: $35.99
Create complex barcode labels and wristbands using ZebraDesigner Pro Software. This intuitive software allows you to print barcodes using many Zebra printers, including Zebra HC-100 wristband printers. It features a familiar Windows-based interface, WYSIWG label designer and database connectivity.
Retail Price: $275.00
Our Price: $262.99
Z-Band Direct Wristbands
Zebra Z-Band Direct Thermal Wristbands are classic wristbands with a permanent acrylic adhesive paper tab for securing them on a wrist. These innovative wristbands come in a compact cartridge that pops easily in the Zebra HC-100 wristband printer. Each cartridge includes 200 Z-Band Direct wristbands and single-color ink to print ID data directly onto the Z-Band. Multiple colors are available. Hardy classic design remains scannable for up to 14 days.
Retail Price: $50.00
Our Price: $46.99