Magicard Rio Pro Printer - Single or Double-Sided
Magicard Rio Pro Printer - Single or Double-Sided
Part Number#: 3652-0001
Magicard Rio Pro card printer delivers high-speed, high-security HoloKote™ watermark ID cards and badges with built-in Ethernet connectivity and magnetic stripe and smart encoding options. The Rio Pro’s flexible design can easily be upgraded to dual-sided printing in the field! Optional Magicard Rio Pro Complete System is available!
Magicard Rio Pro card printer replaces Magicard’s highly popular Rio and Tango printer models. Magicard Rio Pro Printer Quick Facts:
- Prints over 10,000 cards per year
- High print speed
- 100-card hopper & 70-card stacker for batch printing, plus hand-feed slot
- Edge-to-edge single or double-sided printing
- Easily upgradable from single to double-sided card printing – Order your Magicard Rio Pro as dual-sided now or upgrade to dual-sided later!
- Prints cards with standard or optional custom-design HoloKote watermark security using no extra consumables
- Superior print quality enabled by ICC profiles
- Full range of encoding options including magnetic stripe, barcode, contact and contactless
- Built in USB and Ethernet connection with Windows 7, XP and Vista (32/64 bit) and Mac OS X compatibility
- Easy to set up and use
Rio Pro is Easy to Use
Magicard Rio Pro comes with USB and Ethernet interfaces which are complemented with a Microsoftcertified plug & play driver. This card printer can batch-print your ID cards with the interchangeable 100-card feeder, or print one-offs or rewritable cards with the hand-feeder. Built for professionals, the Rio Pro’s superior card printing quality is enhanced by ICC profiles that seamlessly map colors between software and the printer. The clear 4-line display provides intelligent user information and interaction.
Rio Pro is Flexible
Magicard Rio Pro is available in single or double-sided printing versions. Its flexible design can upgrade a single-sided Rio Pro to double-sided with a simple field upgrade kit that anyone can use. So, you don’t have to commit to buying a dual-sided printer if you don’t need one yet. You can also choose from various encoding options, including contact, contactless, combi and magnetic stripe.
Rio Pro Cards Are Secure
The Rio Pro makes your ID cards totally secure. Using Magicard’s patented HoloKote® security technology, the Rio Pro prints a standard or custom-design anti-counterfeiting watermark in a grid pattern across your ID card. It requires no additional consumables, enabling true ID card security at no extra cost. Contact an ID Expert at 877-868-0012 if you are interested in learning more about custom-designing a HoloKote® watermark.
Rio Pro is Tough and Protected
Built with high performance purpose-built materials and advanced components, the Rio Pro is designed and manufactured at Ultra Electronics’ center of excellence for manufacturing in the UK. The Rio Pro also comes with a 3-year full warranty, including a loaner printer service. Check out this handy video that shows you how to clean your Magicard Rio Pro and help it run smoothly for years to come.
Rio Pro Features Money-Saving Rewritable Printing
Every Magicard printer - including Magicard Rio Pro - includes a rewritable card printing feature. The Magicard Rio Pro printer allows you to print in full color on standard ID Cards, or in black or blue on rewritable cards. Setting the Rio Pro in rewritable mode is simple—just remove the YMCKO dye film from the printer and close the lid. The rewrite feature allows you to print, erase and update ID card information in blue or black over and over!
Make it Easy! Order Your Magicard Rio Pro as a Complete System
ID Card Group makes it simple for you to start your ID card program. Just order your printer as a Complete System so you can easily begin producing professional-looking ID cards using your Magicard Rio Pro right away. Our Complete Systems include:
- Magicard Rio Pro Printer
- 1 single-sided color ribbon (MA300YMCKO) for Single Sided systems or
- 1 double-sided color ribbon (MA250YMCKOK) for Dual Sided Systems
- 1 cleaning kit (3633-0053)
- 500 PVC cards (ACS-8030PPWH-500)
- AlphaCard ID Suite v11 Light Software (ACIS-L11)
- Webcam (LOH-960-000694)
- Printer power cord & USB cable
- Lifetime AlphaCare support
Most Popular Rio Pro Printer Models:
3652-0001 - Single-Side Magicard Rio Pro Printer
3652-0002 - Single-Side Magicard Rio Pro Printer with Magnetic Encoder
3652-0021 - Dual-Side Magicard Rio Pro Printer
3652-0022 - Dual-Side Magicard Rio Pro Printer with Magnetic Encoder
Smart Card Encoding Available - call an ID Expert at 877-868-0012 to configure your smart card options.
Magicard Rio Pro Printer Specifications:
- Print mode: Color dye sublimation, monochrome thermal printing and rewritable technology.
- Card security: A HoloKote security watermark can be printed across the card surface. A choice of 4 standard HoloKote designs and 1 standard HoloKote Flex design are available from the printer driver. When used with HoloPatch® cards, one area of the HoloKote watermark is highlighted as a high visibility security seal. For added security, Custom HoloKote enables you to design your own watermark – contact an ID Expert at 877-868-0012 for more information.
- Warranty: 3 years UltraCoverPlus warranty and support which includes full printhead coverage and free loaner service. Available in North America, EU and other selected territories. Elsewhere 12 months limited warranty.
- Printer interfaces: USB and Ethernet both fitted as standard.
- Operating System Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 (32 & 64 bit) Windows Server 2003, 2008 & 2012 (32 & 64 bit) Mac OSX 10.5-10.11
- Card capacity: 100-card feeder, 70-card stacker.
- Weight: 10.8 lbs (4.9kg).
- Power source: External power supply 100-240V 50-60Hz autoranging.
- Dimensions: 18.5" L x 8.6" W x 9.8" H (470mm L x 220mm W x 250mm H) including feeder and stacker.
- Print speed: Color standard mode: 31 seconds, Color fast mode: 23 seconds, Monochrome resin: 6 seconds (*single-sided card)
- Card thickness: 0.51mm to 1.27mm (0.020" to 0.050").
- Card types: ISO PVC blank, magnetic stripe, self-adhesive, printable type proximity and smart cards, HoloPatch cards.
- Card dimensions: ISO standard CR80 85.6mm x 54mm or 3.375" x 2.125", and CR79 83.9mm x 51mm or 3.303" x 2.051".
- Environment: Sheltered office environment 10°C to 30°C (50°F to 85°F).
- Power source: External power supply 100-240V 50-60Hz autoranging.
- Operating environment: Sheltered office environment 50°F to 85°F (10°C to 30°C).
Magicard Rio Pro – A High-Volume Contender
The Rio Pro offers many positive features and can easily be adjusted to maintain higher quality or higher volume card printing, depending on your card print needs.
A Proven Platform – Rio Pro shares the print engine of the Enduro model, a proven card printer workhorse.
Affordable High-Security Options - All Magicard printers offer standard HoloKote security – you choose from four anti-forgery watermark designs and the selected watermark is printed across the entire card surface at no extra cost per card. Rio Pro takes it further, by enabling precise positioning of your customized watermark.
Versatile Card-Stock Options – As with the Enduro, Rio Pro is able to print on both CR80 and CR79 card stock, which allows you to cheaply print adhesive ID cards that you can then peel and stick onto more expensive Access Cards (like HID Clamshell cards). This allows you to reuse these prox cards.
Standard Ethernet Connectivity - For most ID card printers, Ethernet is an add-on feature, but not here. Ethernet is standard with the Rio Pro.
Impressive Three-Year Warranty - Magicard has included a three-year warranty on this printer – that’s among the best in the industry.
The full Rio Pro review was written by ID Expert, Jeramie Ivie. As ID Card Group’s resident Tech Specialist and Custom Card Print Manager, Jeramie literally prints thousands of cards each month for a wide-variety of customers. He has seen it all and offers a practical view of card printers.
Still looking for the perfect card printer? See all our card printer reviews or contact an ID Expert at 877-868-0012 for more advice. We make it easy!
AlphaCard ID Suite Light v.11
AlphaCard ID Suite Light provides a user-friendly photo ID software solution that is ideally suited to help small organizations create a basic ID card program. AlphaCard ID Suite Light makes it easy to efficiently design and print high-quality ID cards with a wide range of design elements including text, photos, logos and graphics, barcodes, and more.
Get a Free Trial of AlphaCard ID Suite! For six full weeks you can try out every edition of our industry-leading ID card software-for FREE.
Start your FREE TRIAL today!
Retail Price: $175.00
Our Price: $175.00
Enduro/Enduro+ & Rio Pro Dual-Side Upgrade Kit
Offering the ultimate in flexibility, this simple Magicard Enduro/Enduro+ or Magicard Rio Pro drop-in upgrade kit allows you to easily convert your Enduro or Rio Pro to print double-sided ID cards. Magicard 3633-0052 Dual Upgrade kit also includes a color printer ribbon that can print up to 250 dual-sided cards on a Magicard Rio Pro or Enduro printer.
Magicard MA600KO Black Printer Ribbon w/Overlay
MAGICARD MA600KO - 600 Images - EN 6/D Black Resin Dye Film with clear overlay - Compatible with Magicard Rio Pro, Enduro, Enduro+, Enduro Duo, Enduro+ Duo and Pronto printers.
Retail Price: $80.00
Suggested Price: $60.00
Our Price: $60.00
Magicard MA250YMCKOK - Color Printer Ribbon
MAGICARD MA250YMCKOK - 250 Images - (EN8) YMCKOK Six-panel color dye film for dual-sided full color card printing with clear protective overlay and black on back- Compatible with the Magicard Rio Pro, Enduro Duo, or Enduro+ Duo printers.
Retail Price: $130.00
Our Price: $97.50
Magicard Printer Hard Cases
CARD PRINTER TRANSPORT CASE PTC-MA – Durable and waterproof hard transport case for your Magicard Pronto, Enduro/Enduro+, Rio Pro or Prima4 card printer provides the ultimate protection for your Magicard printer during offsite transport and shipping.
Retail Price: $539.00
Our Price: $485.00
Magicard Enduro/Rio Pro Cleaning Kit
Magicard Printer Cleaning Kit by ID Card Group – Clean your Magicard printer with the same tools contained in a name-brand kit for less! This cleaning kit for Magicard Enduro & Enduro+ and Rio Pro Printers includes: Thermal Printhead Cleaning Pen, 5 Extra Long T Cleaning Cards, 5 Snap Swabs and 5 Wipes.
Retail Price: $30.00
Our Price: $12.00
Magicard MA1000K Black Printer Ribbon
MAGICARD MA1000K - 1000 Images- EN 3 Black Resin Dye Film - Compatible with Magicard Rio Pro, Enduro, Enduro+, Enduro Duo, Enduro+ Duo, and Pronto printers.
Retail Price: $20.00
Suggested Price: $15.00
Our Price: $15.00
Magicard Printer Covers
CARD PRINTER DUST COVER DC-MA – Waterproof nylon dust cover for your Magicard Pronto, Enduro/Enduro+, Rio Pro or Prima4 card printer keeps your Magicard printer protected from everyday hazards that can affect performance.
Retail Price: $34.95
Our Price: $31.45
Magicard 3633-0053 - Cleaning Kit
Magicard Cleaning Kit 3633-0054 includes 10 Cleaning Cards and 1 Cleaning Pen for the Magicard Enduro, Enduro+, Enduro Duo, Enduro+ Duo, and Rio Pro printers.
Retail Price: $29.00
Our Price: $21.00
Magicard Printer Soft Cases
CARD PRINTER CARRY CASE SC-MA – Soft Carrying Case for your Magicard Pronto, Enduro/Enduro+ or Rio Pro card printer lets you take your card printer and supplies on the road. Protects your Magicard printer with waterproof materials and adjustable shoulder strap.
Retail Price: $189.00
Price: *Product is discontinued*
Magicard MA300YMCKO - Color Printer Ribbon
MAGICARD MA300YMCKO - 300 Images - (EN1) YMCKO Five-panel color dye film for single-sided full color prints with clear protective overlay - Compatible with Magicard Rio Pro, Enduro, Enduro+, Enduro Duo, Enduro+ Duo, and Pronto printers.
Retail Price: $111.00
Our Price: $83.25
Magicard 3633-0054 - Cleaning Roller Kit
Magicard 3633-0054 Cleaning Kit includes 5 Cleaning Rollers and 1 Bar for Cleaning Rollers for the Magicard Enduro, Enduro+. Enduro Duo, Enduro+ Duo, and Rio Pro printers.
Retail Price: $19.00
Our Price: $17.99