Fargo Printer DTC4000 - Single or Dual-Sided
Retail Price: $2,899.00
Our Price: *Click Here for Our Lowest Price*
DTC4000 - Single or Dual-Sided
Part Number#: 48000 / 48100
Fargo DTC4000 by HID is a mid-level ID card printer for medium-sized organizations. Simple to use, Fargo DTC4000 is Energy Star rated and can be upgraded to meet higher-level card printing and security needs with options such as larger card output capacity, enhanced security features and a SmartScreen graphical display . Add our optional Starter Kit to start printing ID cards and badges immediately!
The Fargo DTC4000 card printer is perfect for medium-size businesses, schools and local government institutions that need a flexible, easy and reliable way to personalize photo ID cards and encode smart cards with barcodes, magnetic stripes, contactless data, and digital signatures for more sophisticated access control. This DTC printer by HID / Fargo was designed for organizations that require higher security and volume requirements than the entry-level Fargo DTC1000 card printer. Fargo DTC4000 features include:
- Enhanced security – The DTC4000 offers standard printer password protection as well as fluorescent panel printing, dual-sided printing mode for more cardholder data per card, duplicate photo screening and digital signature capabilities.
- SmartScreen™ graphical display – The Fargo DTC4000 SmartScreen display features easy-to-follow graphic data that continuously alerts you to what is happening in your card print operation.
- Versatile Modular Design – With a sleek modular design that easily incorporates equipment upgrades, the Fargo DTC4000 can grow with your card printing needs. The DTC4000 design also allows for a small office footprint, including the optional same-side input/output card hopper and moveable SmartScreen display, so it can fit into the tightest office spaces.
- Increased Card Print Capacity – A dual-input card hopper, that holds 200 printed cards, is great for higher capacity ID card printing and encoding.
- Encoding and Connectivity Options – Optional Ethernet connectivity on the Fargo DTC4000 allows for remote printer sharing by many users. Technology modules encode data for magnetic stripe, proximity and contact and/or contactless cards, such as HID iCLASS®, for greater access control.
- Asure ID Card Design Software Compatibility -- Fully compatible with Asure ID® card software for badge design, database management and technology card encoding.
- Energy-Star Rated -- As of May 2011, Fargo DTC4000 became Energy-Star Rated to help save the environment as well as your money!
Like all Fargo DTC card printers, the Fargo DTC4000 is built with Genuine HID™ technology and is fully interoperable with HID’s top-quality products. ID Card Group carries the full line of Fargo by HID DTC printers, ribbons and supplies - including the DTC1000, DTC 4000 & DTC4500 - at the lowest prices guaranteed. All Fargo DTC printers feature:
- Swift ID™ card design application is pre-loaded into every Fargo DTC card printer and easily accessed through your Web Browser.
- Modular design of each Fargo DTC printer lets you to easily add various levels of card printing and encoding options and offers a flexible printer footprint to fit a variety of office environments.
- One-Pass printing and encoding tasks allow your ID cards to be printed AND encoded in one pass with a single USB or Ethernet connection between the Fargo DTC printer and your computer.
- Intuitive Design including color changing status buttons and easy-load cartridge ribbons require minimal maintenance and training.
- Rewrite card printing technology is included with all Fargo DTC card printers, great for transit card and visitor badges, so your operation can save money on consumables, while reducing waste
Make it Easy! Order Your DTC4000 with a Starter Kit
ID Card Group makes it simple for you to start your ID card program. Just order a Starter Kit and you can easily begin producing professional-looking ID cards using your Fargo DTC4000 right away. The Starter Kit includes:
- Fargo DTC4000 Printer
- 1 dual-sided color ribbon at 250 images (45100)
- 300 PVC Cards (CR8030-WH)
- 1 Cleaning Kit (IDCG-CK-5)
Still searching for the perfect ID printer for your card printing operation? Contact our ID Experts at 877-868-0012.
Standard items included with the base-model single- or dual-sided Fargo DTC4000 card printers:
- A convenient quick start guide
- Driver installation CD (including Workbench™, FARGO’s software toolkit)
- Power supply and cords (US and EU)
- Warranty registration card
- 100 card input hopper
- Multi-color status indicators
- 100 card output hopper
- SmartScreen™ graphical display
- Field upgradeability
Optional items for the Fargo DTC4000 ID Printer:
- Encoding Options: 125 kHz (HID Prox) reader; 13.56 MHz (iCLASS, MIFARE, ISO 14443 A/B, ISO 15693) read/write encoder; Contact Smart Card Encoder reads from and writes to all ISO7816 1/2/3/4 memory and microprocessor smart cards (T=0, T=1) as well as synchronous cards; ISO Magnetic Stripe Encoding, dual high- and low-coercivity, Tracks 1, 2 and 3
- Other Options: Single Wire Ethernet and USB 2.0 interface for inline printing and encoding (note: single wire Ethernet encoding is only available for iCLASS® and contact smart card encoding); Dual-Sided Printing Module - Upgradable; Dual-Input Card Hopper (200 cards) - Upgradable; Same-Side Input/ Output Card Hopper - Upgradable; Smart Card Encoding (contact/contactless) - Upgradable; Magnetic Stripe Encoding - Upgradable; Printer Cleaning Kit; Ethernet with Internal Print Server - Upgradable
Specifications for the Fargo DTC4000 Badge Printer:
- Print Method: Dye-Sublimation / Resin Thermal Transfer
- Resolution: 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm) continuous tone
- Colors: Up to 16.7 million / 256 shades per pixel
- Print Speed: 7 seconds per card (K); 12 seconds per card (KO); 24 seconds per card (YMCKO); 31 seconds per card (YMCKOK)
- Accepted Standard Card Sizes: CR-80 (3.375"L x 2.125" W / 85.6mmL x 54mmW); CR-79 Adhesive Back (3.313"L x 2.063"W / 84.1mmL x 52.4mmW)
- Print Area: CR-80 edge-to-edge
- Accepted Card Thickness: .009" - .040" / 9 mil. – 40 mil / 229 mm – 1.016 mm
- Accepted Card Types: PVC or polyester cards with polished PVC finish; monochrome resin required for 100% polyester cards; optical memory cards with PVC finish; rewrite
- Input Hopper Card Capacity: 100 cards
- Output Hopper Card Capacity: Up to 100 cards
- Reject Hopper Card Capacity: Up to 100 cards – same-side input/output hopper required
- Card Cleaning: Card cleaning roller integrated into ribbon cartridge; cleaning roller is automatically replaced with each ribbon change.
- Memory: 32 MB RAM
- Software Drivers: Windows XP / Vista (32 bit & 64 bit) / Server 2003 & 2008 / Windows 7 / Linux
- Interface: USB 2.0; optional Ethernet with internal print server
- Operating Temperature: 65° to 80° F / 18° to 27° C
- Humidity: 20–80% non-condensing
- Dimensions: Single-Sided Printer: 9.8"H x 17.6"W x 9.2"D / 249mmH x 460mmW x 234mmD; Dual-Sided Printer: 9.8"H x 18.2"W x 9.2"D / 249mmH x 475mmW x 234mmD
- Weight: Single-Sided: 8 lbs / 3.63 kg; Dual-Sided: 10 lbs / 4.54 kg
- Agency Listings: Safety: UL 60950-1, CSA C22.2 (60950-1), and CE; EMC: FCC Class A, CRC c1374, CE (EN 55022 Class A, EN 55024), CCC, BSMI, KCC
- Supply Voltage: 100-240 VAC, 3.3 A
- Supply Frequency: 50 Hz / 60 Hz
- Warranty: Printer—Two years; Printhead—Two years, unlimited pass with UltraCard
- Software: Swift ID™ Embedded Badging Application, FARGO Workbench Diagnosis Utility
- Display: User friendly, SmartScreen™ graphical display
- Printer Security: Printer access password protected; Kensington lock compatibility
Fargo DTC4000 Starter Kit
- None (Fargo DTC4000 Printer Only)
- Complete Kit (Fargo DTC4000 Printer, 1 YMCKO Ribbon 45100, 300 PVC Cards CR8030-WH, 1 Cleaning Kit (IDCG-CK-5), and Web Cam)