Evolis Zenius Printer- Single Sided
Zenius Printer- Single Sided
Part Number#: ZN1
Evolis Zenius is a compact, easy-to-use ID printer that is perfect for high-end card printing in small batches or single runs. Zenius, which replaced the Evolis Tattoo, features an earth-friendly modular design that allows you to easily upgrade it at your own office. Make it an optional Complete System so you can start printing right away! We can offer lower prices on the Zenius Printer when you call an ID Expert at 877-868-0012.
Evolis Zenius is a single-sided color plastic card printer that is compact, modular and designed to be easy-to-use. Evolis Zenius replaced the Evolis Tattoo and features an upgraded print engine and printer design which allow for high-end printing in small batches or single runs – perfect for on-demand card print applications. Evolis Zenius Key Features include:
Fits in Any Environment
A compact design with card feeder and output tray located at the front of the printer allow the Zenius to fit in tight spaces with easy access to your finished cards. The lightest printer in its class, Zenius weighs only 7.3 lbs and works well in most environments including welcome desks, retail counters or office cubicles.
Earth-friendly features include standby and sleep modes, ErP (European Directive) compliance, and noise reduction technology for quiet operation.
Flexible Modular Upgrades
Modular design allows for easy in-house upgrades—with the latest encoder technology—and direct access to connection ports. Zenius Classic features USB connectivity while Zenius Expert includes USB and Ethernet connectivity. Zenius Expert can also be ordered here with optional ISO Dual HiCo/LoCo 3-track magnetic stripe encoder. Contact an ID Expert at 877-868-0012 for more information on outfitting your Evolis Zenius with a SpringCard Crazy Writer Contactless Encoding module or Evolis SCM Dual Smart Card and Contactless Encoder.
Enhanced Evolis consumables—including printer ribbons with RFID technology, varnish overlays and printer cleaning kits—improve graphic performance and simplify routine tasks. Zenius can automatically identify and configure your Evolis ribbons, which are housed in a handy ribbon cassette for easy installation.
Popular Evolis Zenius Printer Configurations
ZN1U0000RS - Zenius Classic printer with USB in Fire Red
ZN1U0000TS - Zenius Classic printer with USB in Grey Brown
ZN1H0000RS - Zenius Expert printer with USB and Ethernet in Fire Red
ZN1H0000TS- Zenius Expert printer with USB and Ethernet in Grey Brown
ZN1HB000RS - Zenius Expert printer with USB, Ethernet and Magnetic Stripe Encoder in Fire Red
ZN1HB000TS - Zenius Expert printer with USB, Ethernet and Magnetic Stripe Encoder in Grey Brown
Make it Easy! Order Your Zenius as a Complete System
ID Card Group makes it simple for you to start your ID card program. Just add a Complete System and you can easily begin producing professional-looking ID cards using your Evolis Zenius right away. Our Systems include:
- Evolis Zenius Printer
- AlphaCard ID Suite Light software
- 1 YMCKO color ribbon- 200 prints (R5F002AAA)
- 500 PVC cards (ACS-8030PPWH-500)
- Cleaning kit
- Printer power cord & USB cable
- Lifetime AlphaCare support
Still have questions? Contact an ID Expert at 877-868-0012. We're here to help!
Evolis Zenius Specifications:
General Card Printing
- Single-sided printing module, edge-to-edge printing
- Color-dye sublimation and monochrome thermal transfer
- 300 dpi print head (11.8 dots/mm)
- 16 MB of RAM
- Color Print Speed: from 120 to 150 cards per hour
- Monochrome Print Speed: from 400 to 500 cards per hour
- Choice of automated or manual feeding
- Feeder capacity: 50 cards (0.76 mm - 30 mil)
- Output tray capacity: 20 cards (0.76 mm - 30 mil)
- Card thickness: 0.25 to 0.76 mm (10 to 30 mil), calibration via the gauge
- Types of cards: all PVC, Composite PVC, PET, ABS1 and special varnish cards
- Card format: ISO CR-80 - ISO 7810 (53.98 mm x 85.60 mm - 3.375" x 2.125")
- Standard USB 1.1 (compatible with 2.0) or Optional Ethernet (TCP-IP5) connectivity
- Graphic notifications from the printer include: empty feeder, cleaning, "approaching end-of-ribbon" and "end-of-ribbon" warnings
- Windows XP SP2 or later; Vista 32/64, Windows 7 32/64
- Mac and Linux: upon request
- 2 years (printer and print head)
- Height 195 mm (7.68") x length 205 mm (8.07") x width 310 mm (12.2")
- Weight: 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs)
Sound (evaluated according to the ISO 7779 standard)
- Sound pressure level, LpAm, bystander position (YMCKO color mode)
- When operating: 46 dB (A)
- In sleep mode: background noise only
- Support for Kensington® lock
- Data encryption for magnetic encoding5
- Zenius Printer
- CD-ROM with the printer driver and user manual
- USB cable
- Power supply and cords
Options and Accessories
- Available colors: Fire Red or Grey Brown
- Magnetic stripe encoder, smart card contact station, smart card encoder and contactless smart card encoder - Contact an ID Expert at 877-868-0012 for more information on encoding options for the Evolis Zenius
Eco-friendly Design and Certifications
- Sleep mode and reduced energy consumption
- CE, FCC, IEC, VCCI, CCC6, KCC6 ErP 2009/125/CE, RoHS
- Power supply: 100-240 V AC, 50-60 Hz, 1.8 A
- Printer: 24 V DC, 3 A
- Min/max operating temperature: 15° / 30° C (59° / 86° F)
- Humidity: 20% to 65% non-condensing
- Min/max storage temperature: -5° / +70° C (23° / 158° F)
- Storage humidity: 20 to 70% non-condensing
- Operating ventilation: Open air
- Arial 100, Arial Bold 100
- Bar code: Code 39, code 128, EAN 13, Interleaved 2 of 5
The extended warranty is applicable only to products purchased from Evolis in the 12 previous months. The date as stated on the product invoice serves as proof of the date of purchase. The product warranty is valid for a total period that includes: the initial standard warranty period plus the duration of the extended warranty. An Evolis product is warranted from its date of purchase, as stated in your invoice.
In addition to the general warranty conditions as described in the "Evolis Limited Warranty" document delivered with your products, Evolis supports the repair of a defective printer covered by the "parts and labor" warranty if the troubleshooting carried out by the Evolis Repair Center identifies a hardware failure. In case of a hardware failure: the cost of replaced components/parts, the cost of labor, the shipping and handling costs for returning the repaired product, are all borne by Evolis. The shipping of the product for repair to the Evolis Repair Center is at your expense. Evolis and Evolis appointed carriers cannot be held liable in case of product deterioration and/or destruction during shipping if consequential to inappropriate packaging.
Evolis Zenius – A Compact Powerhouse
The Evolis Zenius looks really different from Evolis’ previous sleek-design printer models. But don't let that fool you - the Zenius is a compact powerhouse full of impressive features.
Field Upgradeable – The boxy design offers great versatility and upgradeability on the inside, so you can easily add on magnetic encoding, contactless encoding, and smart card encoding later on.
Very User-Friendly to Operate – Zenius printer ribbons contain smart (RFID) chips, so there is no confusion about setting the ribbon correctly in the driver.
Smart Design - The card input hopper is in the front of the printer for easy operation.
Super Quiet - Evolis boasts the Zenius is the most silent printer on the market. And they're right. It's surprisingly quiet!
Impressive Print Speeds & Unbelievable Bleeds - Delivers an impressive print speed and lays more ink on the card surface than any printer before it.
The full Zenius review was written by ID Expert, Jeramie Ivie. As ID Card Group’s resident Tech Specialist and Custom Card Print Manager, Jeramie literally prints thousands of cards each month for a wide-variety of customers. He has seen it all and offers a practical view of card printers.
Still looking for the perfect card printer? See all our card printer reviews or contact an ID Expert at 877-868-0012 for more advice. We make it easy!
AlphaCard ID Suite Light v.11
AlphaCard ID Suite Light provides a user-friendly photo ID software solution that is ideally suited to help small organizations create a basic ID card program. AlphaCard ID Suite Light makes it easy to efficiently design and print high-quality ID cards with a wide range of design elements including text, photos, logos and graphics, barcodes, and more.
Retail Price: $175.00
Our Price: $175.00
R5F002AAA – YMCKO
Evolis R5F002AAA -200 Images - YMCKO card printer ribbon featuring four color ribbon with protective topcoat overlay - compatible with Evolis Zenius, Primacy, Elypso and Kiosk printers.
Retail Price: $72.00
Suggested Price: $68.40
Our Price: *See Lowest Price in Cart*
Blank White CR80 30 mil - 100 cards
Standard Blank White PVC Cards are the most commonly used ID card - featuring standard credit card size in 30 mil thickness (known as CR8030 cards) - and work in nearly every ID card printer. This versatile blank pvc card can be used in many types of ID applications. Generic Manufacturer. EAN:3419466183290
Units Per Pack: 100
Zenius & Primacy Travel Bag
Evolis Printer Travel Case – Soft Carrying Case for your Evolis Zenius, Primacy or Elypso card printer lets you take your card printer and supplies on the road.
Retail Price: $115.00
Price: *Product is discontinued*