2. January 2013 08:01
The Evolis Primacy card printer warns you when you need to do a routine printer cleaning via the LED panel - approximately at every 1000 cards processed.
Passing the adhesive card repeatedly through the printer cleans the cleaning roller, which removes residual dust on the front and back faces of the cards before they are introduced into the printer.
Watch this short video to see the steps in the cleaning process.
How to Clean the Evolis Primacy Printer
- Open the printer cover
- Remove the ribbon from the printer if present
- Close the cover and check it has clicked shut
- Open the feeder
- Remove any cards present in the feeder
- Using the gauge, set the card thickness to the MAX position
- Peel off the film from a new adhesive cleaning card (supplied by Evolis)
- Double-click the control panel's pushbutton
- Insert the cleaning card in the opened feeder, adhesive face upwards. This starts the cleaning.
- The used adhesive card is ejected automatically into the output hopper. Open it and remove the used adhesive card.
- Put the ribbon back into the printer, then place some blank cards in the feeder and adjust the gauge to the appropriate card thickness.
- The Primacy is clean and ready to print
Shop Evolis Primacy Printer, Ribbons & Supplies - at Best Prices
The ID Card Group Advantage
As an authorized Evolis printer dealer, ID Card Group has deep technical knowledge from years of experience working with customers who use an Evolis card printer; printing systems; and supplies, including Evolis color ribbons, monochrome ribbons, Evolis cleaning kits, eMedia software, and printer covers and carrying cases.
If you'd like more information on the Evolis Primacy - or need additional help selecting the right plastic card printer for your organization, call our ID experts at 877-868-0012 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll make it easy for you!
ID Card Group offers a price match guarantee, provides free shipping on orders over $100, and accepts purchase orders.