28. December 2016 08:01
To maintain consistent print quality, clean your Fargo DTC 1250e every 1,000 cards.
Steps to Cleaning the 1250e Fargo Printer
- Open the printer door and remove the printer ribbon. Close the door.
- Remove the cards from the input hopper. Close the door.
- Open your Fargo 86177 printer cleaning kit and use the adhesive back cards to clean the printer. Clean the printer after every 1,000 cards to maintain consistent print quality.
- Remove the adhesive backing from both sides of the card. Note: If your printer uses a magnetic encoder, make sure you leave the small liner strip along the top.
- Power the printer on. Once powered up, insert the cleaning card into the single feed slot until the card stops.
- From your computer, click the Start menu and select Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the DTC 1250e card printer icon and click Printing Preferences on the pop-up menu.
- In the Card tab, click the Toolbox button.
- Select the Clean Printer tab and click the Clean button.
- This procedure will clean the printer and the card print rollers inside the printer. When the adhesive cleaning card ejects, this cleaning step is complete.
- Next clean the print head by removing the cleaning swab from its packaging.
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord.
- Open the printer ribbon cartridge door and swab the cleaning tip back and forth across the top of the print head. Allow it to dry.
- When dry, load your ribbon and cards back into the printer. You are ready to print.
Shop Fargo DTC 1250e Card Printer, Ribbons & Supplies - at Best Prices
The ID Card Group Advantage
As an authorized Fargo/HID printer dealer and service provider, IDCardGroup.com has years of experience working with customers who use Fargo/HID printers, cleaning supplies, and kits. Not only do we have a deep technical knowledge of Fargo/HID card printers, but we also maintain the best prices guaranteed! We carry the full line of Fargo/HID products, including card printers, color ribbons and monochrome ribbons - and can help you choose the best Fargo printer for you.
For more information on the new Fargo 1250e printer - or for help choosing the right printer or printer ribbon for your ID program's needs - contact an ID expert at 877-868-0012 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll make it easy for you!
ID Card Group offers a price match guarantee, provides free shipping on orders over $100, and accepts purchase orders.